What's your promise?

What’s your promise?

An I Promise bulletin board at Shands at UF./Photo by Jesse S. Jones

As part of the ‘I Promise’ initiative, faculty, staff and students across UF&Shands are making their individual promises to help make every patient’s experience the best it can be. Some folks are even putting their thoughts on display on bulletin boards across Shands at UF, like the one shown here. Share your promise with us by visiting the ‘I Promise’ website at ipromise.health.ufl.edu or emailing ipromise@shands.ufl.edu. Here are a few of the promises your colleagues have shared with us so far:

“My promise is to give the patients I see in the afternoon and evening the same enthusiasm as I give to the patients I see in the morning.” Renard Seals, a patient account coordinator at the UF Proton Therapy Institute in Jacksonville

“I promise to treat all our patients like family and answer all of their questions before they go home.” Roger Adams, a patient and family resources case manager for Shands HealthCare

“I promise to use all my abilities to eliminate the time patients and families wait to receive care at UF&Shands.” Michael L. Good, M.D., dean of the UF College of Medicine