More options for nursing mothers at UF Health
Nursing mothers have two new places to privately pump breast milk or breastfeed in our academic health center complex. UF has installed two additional modular “lactation pods,” made by Mamava™: one in the Communicore Building and one in the Health Professions,
Nursing & Pharmacy, or HPNP, Building. The free Mamava mobile app shows the location of the pods and how to unlock the pod door when it’s unoccupied. Each well-lit unit is spacious and comfortable, with two molded plastic benches, a shelf, an electrical
outlet and a USB port.
Here are the pumping station locations:
• UF Health Shands Hospital, first floor, near Outpatient Pharmacy and Outpatient Lab
• UF Health Shands Hospital, seventh floor,Room 7502
• UF Health Shands Cancer Hospital, sixth floor, Room 6012
• UF Health Heart & Vascular and UF Health Neuromedicine hospitals, fourth floor, rooms 4537 and 4539
• Communicore Building, second floor
• HPNP Building, second floor (in the lobby area between the UF College of Public Health and Health Professions and the UF College of Nursing sections). This Pod is an ADA-accessible unit to accommodate people with disabilities.