Parking improvement s, decal changes f or HVN and South Employee garages
Leaders recently announced changes in decals and parking for faculty/staff using two hospital-managed garages on Southwest 13th Street.
Effective Oct. 1, the new guidelines for the HVN Garage and South Employee Garage resulted from faculty and staff focus group feedback and great
consideration. The solution aims to give users a fair opportunity to park close to their workplace.
The latest details and FAQs are posted on the Bridge intranet. Go to Bridge.UFHealth.org and type “Employee Parking” in the search bar. Or go
directly to Bridge.UFHealth.org/shands-facilities/services/parking-services/employee-parking/
Parking service enhancement highlights
• Shuttle services will be expanded. Morning direct-express shuttles will start at 5:15 a.m. and will include a new direct shuttle between the 1329
Building, Garage IX/9 and the Triangle Lot.
• Lighting for garages and walkways will be improved.
• Digital displays showing available parking spaces (known as capacity counters) will be visible outside the South Employee Garage and Garage
IX/9 to help users decide where to park.
HVN Garage (patient, visitor and staff parking)
• This garage will become Silver and Gold decal parking only, assigned via a lottery system open to all UF Health faculty and staff.
South Employee Garage (predominantly staff parking)
• This garage will remain Yellow decal.
• Current Yellow decal holders of this garage and current Red/Yellow decal holders of the HVN Garage will be granted access (grandfathered in) if
• Additional Yellow decal spaces for this garage will be assigned via a lottery system open to all UF Health faculty and staff.
• Aug. 1-31: Both lotteries will go live on our parking site Aug. 1 — one lottery for the HVN Garage (Silver or Gold decal) and one for the South Employee
Garage (Yellow decal). Faculty and staff can apply online for one or both lotteries (random number generator/random selection process).
• Sept. 16: Lottery participants selected will be notified.
• Oct. 1-31: Approved faculty and staff have 30 days to visit UF Transportation and Parking Services to pick up new decals and turn in old ones.
• Oct. 1: New guidelines go into effect for the two garages. Decal holders can begin parking in their new garage as soon as they have the decal.
Hospital earns two national Environmental Excellence Awards
UF Health Shands Hospital has received two Environmental Excellence Awards from Practice Greenhealth, an organization that promotes sustainable
health care and environmental solutions.
The hospital received a Partner Recognition Award and a Greening the OR Environmental Excellence Award. The awards resulted from hospital system efforts that included saving more than $180,000 by reprocessing single-use medical supply items; saving more than $78,000 by diverting 27,000 pounds of waste with
reusable sharps containers; collecting more than 1,400 tons of recycling materials; and composting more than 54,000 gallons of food waste.