UF Health IT will upgrade Microsoft Office 2016 to Microsoft Office 2019 on all eligible UF Health IT-managed Windows 10 desktops and laptops. Laptops will need to be connected to the network for the update, either on a wired connection or an internal UF Health wireless network (not Eduroam, and not from home but on-site).
This update won’t be a dramatic change for customers: Your MS suite of products — including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint — will look the same and you won’t lose customizations you’ve made prior to the update. Benefits will include improved software stability and security as well as new features for a better user experience.
The rollout began on Aug. 18 and will last through September, based on geographic location. A rollout schedule will be posted online.
You’ll receive an email with a website link for details about:
- General Information
- Exceptions & Exclusions
- Training links
- Roll-out schedule
Other UF Health IT resources:
- MS Office, Acrobat and Zoom live, virtual training sessions: https://training.health.ufl.edu/zoom/
- Outlook calendar views and appointments: Outlook 2019
- Excel formatting, charts, worksheets, etc.: Excel 2019
- Working with Word styles, tables and images: Word 2019
- PowerPoint org charts, concept maps and other resources: PowerPoint 2019
- (Other handouts for PowerPoint, Photoshop and Acrobat: Other Handouts.)
Stay tuned for updates on the Bridge (“FYI Announcements — Information Technology”) and in other internal communications.
Contact the UF Health IT Support Center at 352-265-0526 or visit ithelp.ufhealth.org to place an online service request.